Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's a BOY!!!

At about 5:30 AM on March 28th, I woke up feeling some contractions. I didn't think much of it at the time, and tried to go back to sleep.  Later that morning, they kept coming and so I decided that I needed to get some things done if this was going to be the day. I ran a few errands that morning, and went to see Scott at work. I told him that I'd been having contractions all morning, and he looked pretty concerned :) He asked if we needed to leave and go to the hospitol, but I still had some things I needed to do so I said no, and he finished his day at work. I then went to go buy a new computer because I needed to get that done before baby came so my dad could set it up for us while they were visiting. At the computer store, I was REALLY hurting, the clerk there looked pretty concerned as well and asked if I was ok. :) I just asked them to load my computer for me and then I went home. I hung out at home for a while and tried to relax. I called Scott and let him know that they were getting closer and harder, and that he might need to hurry up and get home. He was already on his way.  When he got home, he got cleaned up and we grabbed our bag and headed out. By this time, I was really in a lot of pain, so the 40 min drive to the hospital was NOT fun! We got to there at about 6:00 PM. They checked me and I was definitely in labor, so they admitted me and got me all hooked up to the monitors.




I didn't last very long before I asked for an epidural.  After that, it was smooth sailing! :)

 We had not found out the gender of our baby so we were pretty excited to find out what we were going to have!!  Finally at about 2:00 AM our little one made HIS entrance!  We had a SON!!!!!!


 The feelings of holding your first baby for the first time are pretty indescribable!  They ranged from awe, to shock, to joy, to fear, to everything in between!   We named our little boy Lane after Scott's grampa.  Baby Lane was 21 1/5 inches long, 8lbs 13 oz!  


 Daddy holding baby Lane for the first time.  Precious!!!







 A new chapter in our lives!  We are so excited to be parents!! 

No comments: