Some people are obsessed with TV, some with exercise, books, music, food, the list goes on forever. *I* have an obsession with making things. I'll admit it. And most of the time *I* am the only one that appreciates or admires what I make. I'm ok with that :) Admittedly, most of the time things are alot cuter in my head than they actually turn out in real life, and I'm ok with that too.......
Here are some of my latest inventions.....
This is a table runner that I actually started like two years ago, and finally finished....it's just stitched patterns but it turned out fun....
Here's a little fall stitchery....stitcheries are my latest form of obsession...they are SO FAST and cute... I can't decide if i want to frame this or turn it into a little wall hanging.

This lamp just makes me laugh. It's like an old lady hat. I have all these flowers from my wedding.....i LOVE daisies....My friend told me i should make a lamp for our baby's room....not sure if this is what she had in mind, but this is what happened. I can't decide if i actually LIKE it, but i'm going to use it because if nothing else, it's kind of funny :)
Here's the curtains I came up with for the baby's room. The panels are just brown so i can leave them for a boy....you can't see very well with this picture, but the bows/stripe on the valence are brown with pink polka dots. I seemed to have liked polka dots when i picked out fabric for the baby room....the quilt i think will turn out cute. if i ever get it done.......
5 comments:
STICHERIES!?!?! oh man, that brings back all kinds of memories and happy thoughts! i love the curtains in the baby's room! and that lamp!!!... oh the LAMP! it's out of control but fun all at the same time! you're right, it totally makes me think of an old lady's hat, but i think it's so fun. you're creative. i love it. i'm with you, i do like making things. i should do that more often! you keep it up!
Love the curtains they turned out great! Good job! I remember you showing me your idea on that table runner a few years ago. It turned out good. The lamp- not really what I was thinking but---- hahahaha! It does look like an old lady hat.
Teach me to sew pleaseeeeee. So I think you need to have a part in a relief society activity about sewing things. Like what is a stitchery and how do you make it? I'd love to learn.
Can you come decorate my house? I am so not good at decorating things! You're amazing!!
I love how domesticated you are! I'm so jealous. I lack the time and talent for that kind of stuff. Keep posting the pics of all your cool stuff. You will be my muse : )
Post a Comment