After printing out a lot of books about our family I realized that there was no book about the beginning! SO here it is, more than 8 years after Scott and I were married, and I am going back to the beginning. I will try to remember details and stories the best I can, but my brain is a little mushy these days, so when in doubt, use your imagination! :) This journey has been so fun, and it has been awesome going back and gathering pictures and memories from when it all started, so with that.....here it is.......the beginning:
Year 2005
I had just finished her Internship as an Occupational Therapist in January and accepted a full time job at St. Luke's Rehabilitation center in Spokane. I lived on the south hill and attended the Havana single's ward. Scott was started to feel something missing in his life and had just started coming back to church. He hung out with some friends from Riverside and they dragged him to Spokane to attend Havana ward activities. Apparently Scott had been to my house numerous times with friends to hang out but I was off doing other things so we never actually met there. In late March we did finally cross paths at a Bonfire activity. He came with some friends that I knew and we met briefly. Later that night I was up walking in the mountain and as I was coming down, Scott and I met on the path. We started chatting a little and before we knew it, had sat down on a log and were talking up a storm. I was intrigued by this quiet, gentle guy and asked him about everything and anything that I could think of and he admitted that he couldn't believe he was talking to me like that....he wasn't that kind of person to open up to strangers. A couple hours later we decided we should probably get back to the fire before our friends thought we were lost. So we did, and both of us left without much more thought than "they are nice." Fast forward a few months to Memorial Day weekend and we ran into each other at an FHE activity. We chatted and I noticed the awesome sunset so I kidnapped him to come watch it with me and my friend. Again we parted ways without too much thought. Around this time I was really excited to have my first real job and making good money so I was buying all kinds of toys (kayaks, fire pit for my back yard) and was in "play" mode. I wanted some benches for my new fire pit and remembered that Scott kid was a carpenter. I had his number from the bonfire night so I called him out of the blue and asked if he could help me build some benches. He said he'd come over after work, but me being the incredibly patient person that I am could not wait that long. I borrowed some tools from my neighbor and went to a lumber store behind my house and dug out some free scraps from their trash pile and came home. By the time Scott got to my house I had already built one sad bench and was working on another. He just shook his head at me and took over the next bench. He got out some tools from the back of his truck and came around the back. Looking back on it now I can say that watching him work on my bench was probably when I realized this kid was pretty awesome. He knew how to use power tools! :) I didn't know that I was a sucker for a guy using power tools but.....what can I say? I hadn't come across many Mormon boys who were manly enough to wield a saws-all without blinking an eye! So we got my benches built and hung out for a while and this time we decided that maybe we should hang out some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment