Saturday, April 4, 2009

Let's take a vote...

Ok, so here's Lane's amazing room. TELL me that any little boy wouldn't be SO jealous of this room...:) Scott is actually jealous of this room. Ok....so here's our attempt at camo-painting. It was really fun, we made a bunch of stencils and spray painted away..... We think it turned out pretty fun....






So the rest of the decor will follow suit. My mom is making a hunting/outdoor blanket for his bed....(right mom :)) and i found some really fun stuffed deer and elk animals that will become stuffed "trophies" hanging on the wall. The room will also feature a little gun rack for his cork rifle, and here's my favorite.....i'm going to get a big teddy bear and slice him open to make a little bear rug for his floor.....HAA HAha.....isn't that fun!?? Ok so here's the voting part.....my friends at work were teasing me mercilessly for our choice of decor for Lane's room, and so I want to take a pole of my blogging readers. Do you think this idea is TOTALLY redneck or is it cute. Be honest....i dont' care, i'm doing it anyways :) I'm just curious thanks

9 comments:

Mark said...

I don't think I would call it 'red neck'...I'd call it "all things country"! I like it and it reflects the personality of your family.

Alisa said...

Matt & I think it is PERFECT for Lane!! What a fun room! I love your ideas :) We have some good friends who have plans for a similar room for a hopeful future son they want to name "Hunter"! Our only request is that you keep those stencils away from Jim so he doesn't try to spray paint his jeep. Thanks :)

wood family said...

too late, he already asked about them :)

m.a. said...

my nephews would LOVE this! How creative - looks awesome.

Stacey Kirchner said...

Very nice. I love how you did the stencils, etc.

Cherrington said...

Holy crap!!!______ I was just there and you have done so much in so little time. It is amazing. I love it. I will vote on Lane's room. Yes I think it is red neck. (you said honest) But it looks awsome and you have great idea's I can't wait to see it when it is all done and put together.

betsey said...

I love all the creative ideas that you are going to use to decorate Lane's room! It is going to be fun and fit his interests/personality. It is a little bit red neck, but in an okay way :) I can't wait to see the finished product!

Natalie said...

the house looks GREAT! I LOVE the colors, love the camo, love the loft upstairs! i'm gonna need to make another trip to check out this amazing finished product of a house! :)

DougandSheilah said...

Good paint job. It will be great. The rest of your house looks like it is coming along. I'd love to see it some day.