Here's Phase 1 of Lucy's new room.....I decided to go with butterflies.....cuz they're fun :)
3 big butterflies abover her crib
Thank you to the dollar store for the butterflies. They are fairy wings for a costume, and i just made a little body and put antennae on them. YAY. Way easier and cheaper than my original idea...Window 1
Window 2

So the curtains were a little bit of a pain....I've decided that tulle is a PAIN in the butt to sew or do anything with but i LOVE IT!! I did a layer of this white fabric with purple/pink tull over it with little butterflies on it. Thanks to michaels for the butterflies! To open them, you just scrunch up the white stuff and there's a tie and the tulle stuff just always hangs down.....we'll see how it works, but i think they are cute. And not too bad for just making it up right?
Window 2
So the curtains were a little bit of a pain....I've decided that tulle is a PAIN in the butt to sew or do anything with but i LOVE IT!! I did a layer of this white fabric with purple/pink tull over it with little butterflies on it. Thanks to michaels for the butterflies! To open them, you just scrunch up the white stuff and there's a tie and the tulle stuff just always hangs down.....we'll see how it works, but i think they are cute. And not too bad for just making it up right?
So i've decided that as scary as raising daughters is to me.....re-kindling a love for all things sparkley and shiney is making up for it :) I am not a girly-girl by any means....but it's been fun to dress up Lucy and decorate for her....hopefully someday she likes it?? But if not, at least i had fun when she was a baby :)
4 comments:
LOVE it! What a great idea to use the fairy wings.
You're brilliant. Seriously. :)
you are SO creative!!! i love everything you did for her room. so cute!
What a cute room! Maryn's is decorated with purple too :) and some butterflies and tulle! great minds think alike Carol!!
Post a Comment