Thursday, October 20, 2011

Preschool

We signed Lane up for our little local preschool this year. He is having a good time, and got a really good report this morning! His teacher said that he is doing really well, and is getting a lot better at "transitions" now....i guess that's good right?! :)



Lane in preschool has made me realize that I am totally teaching my kids how to procrastinate like *I* did in school.....DARN! He has reading lists that he turns in for prizes, and i found myself with him at bedtime reading like 10 stories so we could fill out his reading list for this morning! OOPS! and he still has a little pumpkin decorating homework from last week that we haven't done yet !! UGH!!! :) hopefully this year we can work on that so my poor kids won't have the same pain and anguish that I did trying to finish literally EVERY school project and homework assignment in the wee hours of the night before it's due.....
On a happier note....look at Lane's first letters!!!! I got him a little placemat that you can write on, and he asked to "write his letters" one day, so i happily obliged. I set him down with a marker and his mat and went to cook dinner, and this is what he did!!!! I couldn't believe it! He did an awesome "Q" all by himself!



His first attempt at an "R" on the lower right...then i showed him how I draw "r"s then he did the upper left one all by himself!!!! little smartie!!



Lane is such a determined kid. I love it. When he puts up his mind to figuer something out he will sit there and work at it until he can do it. He's taught himself how to tie knots, now writing letters, how to build things, take things apart,.....all kinds of stuff. It's fun to watch him when he's deep in his concentration. Hopefully he'll keep it up! We love our little preschooler!





No comments: