Saturday, March 21, 2009

Safety First

No...you're not seeing things......this really is a picture taken from the bottom of the stairs looking up, to a plank that goes accross the stairway opening, where Scott is standing on a ladder precariously balanced on said plank and a few boards....He is putting up the wood on the 2nd floor ceiling in this position.......But that is not the point of this post........ The point is.....that plank has been sitting accross the stair way like this for at least a week.....and we've never had any issues with it....Well today, i was coming down from the attic and i hear Lane start to cry his "i'm scared" cry....which usually is pretty serious because....really....he's a pretty tough kid.....so i quicken my pace down the stairs to see Lane standing stiff as a board in the middle of this plank over the stairs. Apparently he was going out there for someone's pop that was left on the plank, and then realized there was nothing under him and got scared. Luckily, i reached him in time that no harm was done, except to his mother's psyche...... yeah....... I suppose i should get used to this scenario living where i live, and considering my child is half my husband's, who I recall on one of our first dates zoomed past me on his dirt bike standing on the seat with one leg outstretched to the side..........maybe that should have been a red flag to me? :) Nah.

4 comments:

Black Family said...

Oh your house looks like it will be beautiful! Cannot wait to see pictures when it is done. I love the boys playing in the mud! So fun!!

Kacey said...

Garth is secretly afraid of ladders (some bad experience in his past falling off of one). I think that picture might give him a coronary. If not, seeing his kid that high would for sure. You are a trooper!

Natalie said...

okay, i get nervous and gittery just LOOKING at this photo. scott is crazy! NO WAY! i'd just leave that part undone whatever it is he's doing. ha.

Emmett and Ashlee said...

NO way. That would be so scary. Good thing he was ok. That totally reminds me of Emmett and I. I am definitely the cautious one around here.