Sunday, June 14, 2009

Long live the Microwave!


So I had to make treats for YW birthdays today for church. Since I don't have an oven, and I really didn't want to travel anywhere to cook something, I decided on rice crispy treats. I make smores in the microwave, why not melt mallows for crispy treats?? Well, I had to get a little creative, since i don't have ANY OF my kitchen stuf here. I.E. no bowls, no mixing spoons, no NOTHING. SOO I have a glass dish I stole (sorry debbie!! :)) from the Terry's that I cooked my mallows in. For a mixing bowl i had an empty ice cream bucket (yay for mass quantities of ice cream), and my personal favorite.....an ice cream scooper for a mixing spoon becuase it was the largest kitchen untesil i could find! I actually had a brownie pan for some reason....so i could put my crispies in something other than a cardboard cereal box (which i was totally prepared to do!) All in all they turned out good! Except for the slight mishap with the microwave. Apparently my butter that i tried melting was wrapped in a foil wrapper....who knew!! Sooooo aside from the SLIGHT fire and blue lightening created in the microwave all was well. Even our microwave survived!

1 comment:

DougandSheilah said...

By the time your house is done, are you going to want to go camping? Sounds like roughing it to me. Glad I don't have to do it, don't think I could last long and I see you always smiling.