Thursday, September 16, 2010

One step closer

to what you ask?? GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a backhoe here and we worked on leveling our back yard for some grass. Lane thought it was pretty much the funnest thing ever, and even got to work some of the levers. He's pretty much a child genious at the age of 3. :) we got most of the work done with the machine and i have been working on raking and gathering all the sticks and rocks out so hopefully we can plant grass in the next week or so! I would be in heaven if I had some grass next spring! YAAAY



Not sure why scott has "mean guy" face....must be concentrating :)
We got some sweet big boulders out of the yard to use for the retaining wall in the front yard. It will all be really nice and pretty some day :) We still have plenty of fun boulders in the back yard that we are leaving for "climbing" purposes as part of our "back yard o fun" plan.
Part of the digging.....the rocks in this picture are staying, we're going to uncover them for playing purposes...


Pushing another big rock around to the front






I didn't take any pictures of the finished product....I guess I will do that right before we plant grass.....but trust me, it's AMAZING!!! :)


1 comment:

Kacey said...

Getting grass is about the best thing ever! WAY less dust and dirty footprints in your house, YAY!